New Hampshire Agency Representation (BPA)
BPA assists businesses and individuals through the rulemaking process and in obtaining permits and licenses. Our government relations team helps clients understand and navigate through the details of laws and regulations that affect policy, permits, licensing, and other requirements of conducting business in New Hampshire.
Rules and Regulations
Clients are frequently frustrated by regulations that can slow the development or expansion of business. BPA’s professionals work with clients to understand their concerns and then factor these needs into viable rules and regulations. We are skilled at creating and designing rules and regulations that directly benefit the interests of our clients, and have been instrumental in drafting many of the laws in effect today.
Our recent work in the regulatory area includes:
- Assisting with the development of rules for a new agency regulating the housing industry;
- Collaborating with regulators regarding the apportionment of health care services; and
- Co-authoring a law to protect consumers in the event of a gasoline spill
Licensing and Permitting
Through our years of experience and relationships with various state departments and agencies, we have been able to cut through the “red tape” and assist clients in resolving issues in order to provide expedited resolutions.
Our recent work in licensing and permitting includes:
- Assisting a new owner with obtaining the licenses and permits needed for the acquisition of convenience stores and gas stations;
- Obtaining licenses and permits necessary for the purchase of a motorcycle dealership; and
- Obtaining wetlands permits from the Department of Environmental Services
BPA’s administrative and regulatory team has productive relationships with state agencies, as well as a thorough understanding of the process of developing rules and regulations. This knowledge ensures our clients’ interests are protected and well represented in New Hampshire. BPA has represented clients before a wide variety of state boards, agencies, and commissions, including:
- Banking Department
- Board of Manufactured Housing
- Bureau of Securities
- Department of Education
- Department of Health and Human Services
- Department of Labor
- Department of Resources and Economic Development
- Department of Safety
- Department of Transportation
- Health Services Planning and Review Board (Certificate of Need Board)
- Public Utilities Commission
- Tax and Land Appeals Board
If you are interested in learning more about BPA’s legislative and government relations practice, please call 603-225-7170, toll-free at 800-262-8112, or send a message using our contact form for additional information.